Any one use gator trimmer line with the kevlar like stuff in it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, May 1, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like some good stuff, just pricey. Does any one out there use this stuff. I love the blades made by this company.
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I do, AWESOME stuff. I change string 3 times less now than before. Yes, THREE times less. I can wrap it in the head anyway I want, it will not tangle. It's actually cheaper in the long run. Square is all I use.
  3. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

just bought some of the square stuff, too, and it does really rawk. I didn't even want to know how much it was before I bought it at my dealer, because I wouldn't have gotten it because of the high cost, but I will be buying it from now on. Just calculating the wasted trips to the trailer to respool is enough to convince me the higher grade lines are worth it. Anybody know if they make .080 in that, or can someone recommend a really good .080?
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

all i use is that in .095 square. It lasts about forever.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I used it all the time as well. Money well spent
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just couldn't seem to get a clean crisp cut from it. I ran a couple of heads through of it, and switched back over to the .095 round nylon line. I have trued a few different things, and always end up back to the .095 round.
  7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

It's the longest lasting line that I have found! Well worth the money because it will save you so much time respooling your Trimmers.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The down side to it though is that I found it wore through my eyelets on the trimmer heads compared to other line.