1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any one use peachtree?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have gopher but need to keep track of money in and outs and to categorize it also. so i downloaded peachtree and its kinda not easy to fig out? any one use it or know of something better?
  2. Florida Office Manager

Florida Office Manager LawnSite Member

Quickbooks, Quickbooks, Quickbooks :)
    You just need someone who has experience with it to help you through the process of setting it up and properly identifying which category of expenses and incomes you need to use. You will be surprised how many people you know use Quickbooks - you just need to trade out lawn care for a few hours of their time :D Ask around... you'll be surprised.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I feel stupid even attempting to answer this but here goes. We started out with Quickbooks then bought a larger company, they were using Peachtree. My bookkeeper/sister-in-law did not want to switch but realized the impracticality of trying to change everything over to Quickbooks so she went to a Peachtree class and came back kind of pissed :angry: at the original staff because as she put it they were using the space shuttle to go to the corner. She quickly fell in love with Peachtree but had it rough with the original staff because it was more difficult but was able to do much better tracking. I split from that partnership and my wife now uses Quickbooks and I often ask for reports she can't supply;) and I think individual job/labor tracking might be one of those. Don't ask me any more ? thats all I know. Good luck. Whatever you get go to the classes.
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I tried Peachtree and hated it. Difficult to learn, not really geared towards a service industry, more for retail.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been using Peachtree for years. Ask away, I'll try to help you out.

It's all what you're used to.