1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any one use this?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was at nextel today and saw this and was thinking it was nice. anyone here use one? Nextel Item
  2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Hated Nextel when I was with them.... phone sevice sucked so I would not depend on any extra stuff working..... just my .02
  3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

the reason im ask in is cingular just pissed me off. i had a $1000 deposit that was sent out on the 31rst of march and was to be here by tuesday wasnot here i looked online to pay my bill today and lo and behold they credited it to my phone. so now i have a $935.00 credit on my phone and said it will take another 10 days to get the check. and now i have lost a non-refundable deposit on a trailer of $200. they said sorry not our fault the money did not show up.
  4. priceice

priceice LawnSite Member

Just luking and saw this post. My sister who works in corporate America, is very business minded. She designed all my invoice, database stuff. She just mentioned this thing yesterday. Telling me I ought to look into it. Her church just got these. She likes it because the transactions are quick, and you can view it all at anytime.

I do think it is the wave of the future. You don't have to rent this thing like you do the portable credit card machines.

I'll probably get one next year. Let us know how you like it.
  5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Would be a good idea if your customers happen to be at home when you mow or want to charge them. Otherwise I would think it's a waste. You will save .5 - .7 % on a swipe rather than a key in.