Any one using cub cadet tanks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Quicklawn, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Quicklawn

Quicklawn LawnSite Member

I have had so much trouble with my tank it has been one thing after another.I have put so much money into it mainly front ends.It is a 2004 48" with only 480 hours.Looking to switch brands.what do you guys have the best luck with.

2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

as always your going to get 40 different answers.
    let me be the first

!!!!!!(0)(0)!FERRIS!!!!!!!!

3. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got a TANK 54 and have had no troubles at all so far!! What did you meant by changing the front ends? Oh my tank is a '04 also

4. Quicklawn

In the front axle has there is a big bushing in the middle there. when you lift up the inspection plate where your feet are.The two arms there those have went bad 3 times. It is at the dealer right now i have to pick it up tomorrow another 1000.00 dollars.

5. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Front end Pivot. You can lock the front end from pivoting with 2 bolts. You should see the holes about midway between the pivot and the ends.

6. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

Are you just pulling are leg's? Isn't a Tank the same thing as a Lesco Z2?

I am either looking at getting one of those or a SUPER Z!

7. Quicklawn

I am sure the viper is the same thing, i do not like mine at all i would not recommend this unit to anyone.Some other local guys have them nothing good to say either. If you think I'm pulling your leg buy one.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

OMG NO a viper is NOT the same thing. The vipers were horrible. The Z-Two and Tanks are very good. You will find a bunch of guys here that love them to death.

Our M48 hasnt had any issues with that. Sounds like you have a machine that wasnt built right or the tolerances arent right or something. I dont let the front pivot but you must be if its wearing out on your machine? I didnt like the way it felt after years of solid front machines.

[​IMG]

9. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark, they sell 2 to 1 over the other brands.

Have you complained to the "Tank" manufacturer. (not just the dealer)

I had problems with a Kubota ZD 21 and after alot of complaining, Kubota installed a new trans. under warranty. The tractor had 1100 hrs. at the time.

Good Luck

10. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I had the same problem with mine man. The big front pivot bushing went bad and would wobble back and forth or side to side. I took mine to the dealer and they told me it was from not greasing it properly, but replaced it under warranty any way!! Sounds like a scheme to me. Anyways, they put on two new front tires, a new front axle assembly and new hardware for free. It doesn't wobble anymore but the zerk for the bushing won't accept grease anymore. Back to the dealer again.