1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any one using quick books

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Mar 28, 2008.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

any using quick books pro...how are you inputting your apps

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Made my own entries to the invoice part Round 1 19-0-06 30% slow release
  3. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

With Qxpress.
  4. The Turfinator

The Turfinator LawnSite Member

I use Quickbooks and QXpress. I print my route the day before, then when the work is done I status the jobs to done and print my route for the next day. Its very fast and effective. I am a one man operation with about 400 customers and the Qxpress program makes my job easy at the end of the day! The one thing I need to do is upgrade so I can do my prepays with Qxpress.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If you already are using Quickbooks, Qxpress is a awsome add-on to it! It is sooooo easy to do application scheduling/paperwork/invoicing with it! I used the Pre-Pay feature this year & sold more Pre-pay's & add ons then ever before.
  6. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

I tried something different this year. I took each customers annual total and divided it into 5 equal bimonthly installments. For example, if a customers total for the year is $450, they will receive a bill for $90 in March, May, July, Sept. & Nov. I simply saved the invoices in the "memorized transaction list" and can regenerate the batch as needed. It takes just a few clicks of the mouse. Additionally, Customers seem to like it better and pay faster.
  7. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I've used QB pro for quite a few years. I use the memorized transactions as blink stated. Preprint the invoices, leave a copy with customer with app info and record the invoice that night through the memorized transaction list. You can print that batch of invoices for the next round when that time comes. Doesn't take much time at all recording the invoices. You can memorize multiple invoices per customer if you need to, such as grub app or so on.
  8. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I've used QB Pro for several years....although only the past 2 yrs for pre-pays. The first year I showed all pre-paid apps on one invoice so their balance was zero.....and had a pre-paid list that I just marked their app card as pre-paid when the apps were complete. This worked good if they requested additional services throughout the year, so they could be billed out for the additional service. Last year I created a credit for each pre-pay and an estimate for the pre-pay price per app. I didn't like this as for customers that wanted additional services throughout the year were not billed for the additional service until all the credit from the pre-pay (credit) was used up. Had to explain that to a couple customers (they understood, but I didn't like it). So I am curious to see what others that use QB are doing. Thanks guys for the ideas....keep 'em coming!