Any one wear one of these?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KTO Enterprises, Aug 9, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

2. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

you would look like an alien wearing one of emt hings... and imagine in the heat ugh!!

3. KTO Enterprises

Well alien or not if it stops the mouth and nose ful of dirt, doesnt fog up and keeps yellow jackets from being able to get to my face Im all for it.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I'm sure it would work well...

But I'd make fun of you if I saw you wearing it:)

5. KTO Enterprises

I would have to shake your hand if you came all the way from WI tofollow me around and make fun of me. I might even make joke about myself. I realized another reason to wear one today. Yellow jackets.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget to buy a light saber with it.

I think that will fog up also.

Tim

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like it may serve it's intended purpose, however, I'm not sure I would use one of them !!

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yellow jackets do suck ass.

I used to live in a very old house that was infested with them.

NOTHING pisses a guy off more than waking up in the morning due to being stung. We would vacuum them up where they were crawling around on the windows, etc and an hour later there would be a ton of them again.

Needless to say I don't rent that house anymore lol.

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'll keep this in mind, it's considerably cheaper than the $1,000 one I can't afford, and looks better than a military gas mask.

Not for everyday work, but for those odd situations where CLOUDS of dust get stirred up so thick and fast it literally covers a block 3 houses in diameter every which way. Good lord, dust can kill you if it's that thick, it made me sick as a dog for 3 days and I didn't feel right for 3-4 weeks, so I know :laugh:

For everyday work I wear tinted safety 'glasses,' my worst complaint is sweat runs down the lenses but it can be wiped or washed, keep an extra in the truck, too. Another trick is buy a bottle of saline solution, such as the kind used by contact lens wearers, and a tiny eye cup... This can be used to wash debris out of an eye when it gets like that, put this stuff in your 1st aid kit.

Peace out, good luck with whatever you decide.