Any opinions on a 48" Stander (Wright Mfg)?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowman03, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mowman03

mowman03 LawnSite Member

Just came from the Power Show in Cols and was wondering if the Stander from Wright Mfg. is any good.

2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The Great Dane Super Surfer is a better, faster unit with a floating easy to adjust deck much like a zero turn rider.

There is a $600 factory "pre-season" rebate as well.

FYI....

3. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I would not say the Surfer is better!
    I demoed both and chose the stander, built better, handles slopes better, better balance and it feels a whole lot more stable.

I have a 42" and I plan on another this year.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

5. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

I looked at both this weekend at the power show, I am personally leaning towards the super surfer no particular reason I just liked it more. Both look like they would be great machines though.

6. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a 48"Stander at a trade show in Baltimore last Wednesday. Looks like a quality mower and is comfortable to stand on. The standing platform has some travel to it to cushion some of the bumps, or was that the Sentar. Not sure now. I was impressed with the design and the build of both. Looks very sturdy

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone have any stability problems on 36" model? I know they're pretty narrow. I live in Florida now so won't be using them on tons of hills, but there are built up berms and such to deal with. I like the fact that they're short and compact and I can fit more mowers on my rig.

8. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I have put about 7 hours on a 52' that I bought a month ago. I really enjoy it. It really is a solid built machine. I haven't used it in any heavy growth yet, but I'm confident that it will be more than enough mower for the accounts I service.

9. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Hay fairway,
    Exmark has nothing to do with Wright Mfg.

I would look at the 36" to 48" in a Stander and look at the Sentar for 52" and up
    My personal choice is a 42" 17 kaw Stander and a 61" Sentar with a 25 kaw

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hey TBar, I know but Heil Bros seems to be confused...or their site's a work in progress.