Any opinions on John Deere Stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Nov 29, 2004.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

:cool2: I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the John Deere GS 30 or other equipment. Also, do any of you have good ideas for a stripe kit, or better yet pictures? I have a GS 30 and am thinking about a quicktrack, i just dont' know how much they will increase the mowing time. I only have 19 accounts, but am hoping to grow much next year. Any suggustions there eitehr? :rolleyes: :help:

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A quick trac would definately make you more productive because you will be riding on the machine and not walking or riding a sulky and the machine will be easier to control than a WB. JD makes some very good equipment that is backed by some great dealers and they are worth a good look.

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I too like JD equipment. They have good dealer service and reliable machines. Search for my thread on "My new mower!" its about my JD 667 quik-trak. lots of pics and info.

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

They used to make a really nice commercial 21. Not a big fan of their 2 cycle stuff. They are constantly trying new suppliers for their 2 cycle stuff. The old green machine line stuff was good. I think someone on here said it was actually shindawia stuff and some of their stuff for awhile was suspiciously like Echos but had a hedge trimmer and one of their newer chainsaws and blowers to try out for a week (this is about 3-4 years ago) and that stuff just felt like junk. We returned all of it to the shop so they could turn it in to the dealer. Ended up buying Echo and Sthil that time. If they were a little more stable in their product line up they would be better. Seems like a complete model change all the time and when they do have a really nice product, they quit making it. My suggestion is this, demo it and if by chance it seems to be good it will probabbly be good just bear in mind the next go around they may not offer the same model again. On our smaller equip this was sort of important because we'd often scavange parts off worn out machines. jmy.02

5. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I am happy with all of my JD equipment the only thing i will never buy again will be the 2 cycle equipment

6. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

why does no one like the JD 2 cycle stuff?

7. Their mowers are great but their 2 cycle stuff stinks. I have had a 757 60" for 7 months now. It has 700 hrs on it and it is the best mower I've owned. They don't make any of the 2 cycle stuff themselves. They buy it and put their name on it. And as far as I can tell it's not quality stuff their buying. Stick to the mowers until they get their sh@#$t straight with the 2 cycle equipment or this is what you will be doing :realmad:

8. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 647 quick trak and love it.You will save alot of time with it.

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It just sits, its slooow.

Good for gated yards, though they better be big gated yards to justify it over a push mower.