Any opinions on Oregon G6 blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboynormmie, May 3, 2011.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Talked to a cust service rep at Oregon about ultra high lift blades for a 32" mower and he suggested the 3in1 G6 blades .He say's they are a ultra high lift mulcher blade that works great.Anyone running them and what's your opinion's the good and the bad.Do they work well in wet conditions ?Thanks Guys

2. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I have used them this year so far. I don,t particularly like or dislike them. If you have used the regular gators they are very similar to the G6 blade. I think they seem to be a little more durable, but are not a great improvement over the older blades.

3. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been running the Oregon 91-313 high lift and was trying to get an ultra high lift blade and the only thing that Oregon had in a 16 1/4'' with a 5/8 hole was the G6.The rep said it should cut similarly to a high lift but with the other top fins it will mulch as well.Kinda like a 3in1 blade.I'm more interested in the high lift part of the equation more so then the mulching.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

5. I bought the regular Oregon Gator blades for my Bob-Cat back last summer and then I ordered the new G6 blades. The blade design is a lot beefier on the G6 and has a lot more lift than the non-G6. I think the blade itself is wider with the G6 too. I was happy with the non-G6 and I think the G6 requires a little more engine power to turn them. Both blades hold an edge for quite a while.