Any opinions on Scag V-ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jay12, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope. Just the smaller ones. The other day a rep was telling stories of large operators that are switching to all standoffs. Just because that was what their employees was wanting to run. And its cheaper for them. Ran both the Grandstand and VRide Wednesday and I couldn't tell any difference in ride.
  2. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

One big plus for the Grandstand is you can run it as a WB if you want to. The VRide wont let you do that unless you jumper something!!!!
  3. yard_dawg

yard_dawg LawnSite Member

I just got a 36 advantage deck v ride. I did demo one before i bout it. man this thing is amazing. have not cut any with it yet, but looking forward to it. I also bout 2 of the 61 TT at the same time. Dealer gave me a heck of a deal with the fleet and trade in of my old mowers.
  4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to cause any friction but I am amazed how someone can say they demo'd a mower without mowing any grass. I did that when I first started and ended up with a piece of crap mower that rode real nice in the lot! Just becareful when picking out new equipment. Nice and shiny and new is not always the best. I am not saying you made a mistake with your Scag either just demo as much as you can. We run a new mower for at least a full day before making a decision. In fact on the Grandstands our dealer let us cut every lawn we had before we made our decision.