1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any opinions on this basic lawn maintenance contract?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GG Green, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

Just drafted up this basic residential/commercial lawn care maintenance agreement and was wondering what all you think.....Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting but doesn't the whole thing at the end about termination by You or the Client kinda defeat the purpose of a contract. That would be like a cell phone company letting you out of one of their contracts just cuz you didn't like that service. If only it was that way
  3. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

good contract, just change it to 30 days written notice
  4. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a standard thing to offer the option to terminate?:confused:
  5. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Is it legal for you to charge a NSF?

I just had a situation with the BBB, I drained my business account because I thought all payments were taken care of but the bank didn't do the BBB withdrawal.

So first the bank tries to charge me $20 NSF and the Better Business Bureau tried to change me $20. I never paid anything but what bs.
  6. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. If a customer is unhappy with the services we are providing why keep them locked in? Why deal with them for an additional month, why just not move on. It makes more sense for a contractor and a customer alike, don't you think?
  7. GG Green

GG Green LawnSite Member

Companies that I worked for here in Ontario charge NSF charges for bad cheques for services or products rendered and therefore I feel that it is a standard legal practice to recoop financial losses incurred. If a customer bounces a cheque and doesn't pay NSF charges why keep them?
  8. digitaltomato

digitaltomato LawnSite Member
    from Texas

In your Lawn Care Maintenance Agreement you mention "whether" which means expressing a choice between alternatives as in "whether I should sign this agreement or not". I think what you mean is "weather" as in whether or not the weather is cloudy, raining, sunny etc.
  9. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

too late now. he drew that up in 2007
  10. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I agree 100% but that leads me to the next question. If you really believe that then why even make them sign a contract?