Any Other Dixie Chopper Owners Think??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jan 29, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

I Just Picked Up A 1994 20hp 50 Inch Cut X2000 And I Am Fixing It Up And Asking Other Owners, Dont You Think These Things Are Different? I Mean Like The Brake System On Them. There Is So Much Linkage And Moving Parts And Mine Dont Work Lol. Next Mine Has 3 Filters. One Is Huge For The Engine Other 2 For Hydro's. Next No Electric Pto Clutch To Turn On The Blades. Sure Less A Clutch And Easier On The Engine. And That Sweet Indoor Outdoor Carpet. Lol.
    Tell You What Thought I Really Like The Machine And Think My Next New Mower I Buy Might Be A Dixie Chopper. They Have Less Bells And Whistles But They Do Know How To Cut Grass And Are Cheaper Than Other Mowers Out There.
  2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

hEy, i aM gLad tO hEar tHat yOu sEem tO lIke dIxie cHoppers. tRy a nEwer oNe aNd yOu wIll lIke tHem eVen mOre.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What:confused: :confused: :confused:
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I have never seen a Dixie cheaper than an Exmark or Scag.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Yea, what are you talkin about they are cheaper than other mowers out there ??? Guess ya havent priced a new commercial unit. But anyway, they do have a very industrial look to them, one that I dont care for myself, however, they are well built and go like a bat outta hell.
  6. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

in my area i 60 inch dixie chopper or exmark or scag could get the dixie chopper likw 1000.00 to 1200.00 cheaper than these 2. and that is alot cheaper
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The newer Dixies use a cable and simple handle for the parking brakes. Some of the features of the newer Dixies are:

1. Chevy wheel bearings for front castor bearings. Warranted for life.
    2. Lifetime frame warranty.
    3. VTC steering...the easiest to operate in the industry.
    4. Thickest deck top in the industry
    5. Seperate filters for the right and left side hydros.
    6. Amosil bypass oil filter (that large filter).
    7. Rollover engine shutdown switch.
    8. Patented OCDC.
    9. Flex Forks.
    10. The only mid-mount type mower in the industry licensed to come with a Flex-Deck.
    11. 5 quart hydro resevoir.
    12. Large twin hydro coolers.
    13. Large selection of engines.
  8. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

thank you Richard for putting that on here. I just picked up my new Silver Eagle...supposed to be a 24HP, 50" deck but Dixie ran out of that size motor late last fall, so I got the 27HP Generac like we have on the 60" Coatsville. Such a deal for the price, can't wait to wheel that around this spring!