1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any owners of of grasshopper 223

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by la-sd-king, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

I've got a 2001 225 w/ too many hrs. and a 2006 223 w/ 1300 hrs. both have been used daily since purchased new. The 223 is holding up well. The only major repairs it has had are a clutch and spindle. The 225 is starting to show its age, but it's been a good machine with very little down time. I can't say there is a noticeable difference in power between the two. It is the same block, just a different carb.
  2. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

Bought a new 227 52 incher last year with a bagger I love it ,cuts nice and even and strips good. Kind of disapointed about how its bags wet grass thu..plugs up lot. when its dry thu Im surprized off muchgrass it sucks up
  3. pullinfor17

pullinfor17 LawnSite Member

we have a 223/61 and the guys love it.We also have a 322,325,and 2-321's.Big decision last year to go back to gas but dealer made me a great offer on it.You will not be disapointed !
  4. tlc28

tlc28 LawnSite Member

Freshcut do you have a spripping kit. If so were did you find it can't find anyone that makes them for the 61 inch
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 223/52 with a 2 bag catcher. The Grasshoppers cut as good or better than any other mower I have seen. I have really never noticed the 223 lacking power with the 52" deck, but I do not see how one would work at all with a 61" deck at least in my area.