Any paint stripers??

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by meets1, Jun 14, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Just wanting to discuss a few things. From machine, to guns, to parking lots, to paint.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

the best place to start is parkinglotplanet.com

3. sealer1

sealer1 LawnSite Member

I'm a paint "striper" - does that count?:drinkup:

4. PPClockworks

PPClockworks LawnSite Member

5. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Ummm, no, that's not a great unit. I run Graco, and for me, they are the best !!!

lineup.jpg

6. PPClockworks

PPClockworks LawnSite Member

Are you saying that because you used one and it didn't work? Or is that just a comment because you think Graco is the best. We all know they are but when you don't have all that to slap down sometimes you need a different route. I called him and he is giving me a good deal. Have you used this product before?

7. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

i seen a similar unit pictured on this forum awhile ago.

i believe the user was DJ Contracting i think if you asked he'd be willing to tell you pros and cons on the unit,i think his is a bit different though but looks very similar.

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Slow down dude, lol You asked a question, and I gave you my opinion. Yes Graco's are more $, but as most, started with used Kelly units. These were air units, and they did work, but looking back, I wish I started with airless machines to start with. This product you are looking at has a 30 days to change your mind, so try it! What works, or may not work for one, may have better results for another. You are smart, to stay within your Budget, but maybe you could find a used airless sprayer may be a better fit. Good luck which ever way you go :)

9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

It will work if thats all your buget will allow but don't for get you still have to order the stenciles. I bought my stenciles off ebay three years ago. Once the parking lots come more frequent then i"ll invest in a Graco. The unit i bought will spray around 100 gals of paint on one ten lb tank @ $13.00 to fill. Good luck.

10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a graco , if you cant afford one buy a used Kelly , mb , or LDI . Dont buy the bug sprayer on e bay . I have seen 1 in use , I was striping a lot and another guy was 4 business down from me with one . He let me try his , and then I let him try mine , He bought a graco the next week .