Any plans for a new steering system for walk behinds?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brucec32, Dec 24, 2003.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Love my exmark Lazer Z hp. But I am noticing some more tendonitis problems in my forearms due to my age. I would like to get a hydro walk behind to complement my lazer by handling smaller areas, wet areas, and gated areas, but I just can't be squeezing something that much. I can't recall how many times I've had minor hand injuries or soreness that would have precluded using the ECS or pistol grip style systems. I'd hate to get one and not be able to use it all the time.

Any plans being floated around in the future to offer T bar or other type steering on Exmark wb's as an option? Even a simple push/pull system that works much like the handles on a ztr (Great Dane and Wright mowers come to mind), flawed as that might be on a walk behind, would make it possible to buy an Exmark.

The mower brand that has what I think is a superior control system doesn't cut the mustard in the areas of dealer service and support.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. The first thing I'd recommend is let me know when you'd be willing to demo an ECS floating deck for a day or so to see if it actually would cause any additional hand fatigue. You might be surprised.

As far as the push to go systems that are available on the market the T-bar is the one I prefer but I'd still take ECS any day. It just works better for me. Most of the "push to go" systems work okay in a belt drive but I've yet to try one that I liked in a hydro.

All I can say is demo. What's available from the various manufacturers, spend a little time on the ECS and let me know what you think. I doubt you'll see any "push to go" systems on an Exmark in the future but you never know.