1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any "Quick" walk-behind owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jweiner, Sep 14, 2009.

1. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

I have been looking at walk-behinds for a while and thought I had narrowed it down to Toro and Exmark. Now I hear about the Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB. They appear very reasonably priced on their website and are offering free shipping and 50% off accesories. Can someone tell me if these machines are comparable to Toro, Gravely, Exmark, etc. or are these in a different class?
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

When you say "comparable" it depends on what you mean ... the Quick machines are comparable to the other brands you mentioned except for possibly the one thing about the deck ... that is, I think Toro decks are 7 guage steel and the Quicks are 10 guage steel !!
  3. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I understand the only people that like quicks are the guys that go from a 21" mower. Then, naturally they think they're great.

I never heard someone go from a toro hydro to a Quickie say anything good about them at all. They do not compare, I've reading posts about them since they began. They only cut good in perfect conditions. and the quick 32 is wider then my toro 36" so figure that one out.
  4. lifetree

This statement is simply moronic ... the Quick 32" was specifically designed to fit through a 36" gate !!
  5. THC

How wide is a quick 32?
    almost 38 inches. That means their 36" mower is almost 42". You see they have a problem with design. The bracket you attach the chute to doesn't fold out of the way.

While my toro is 36 is 37 inches wide. ergo, the Toro 36" mower has less width then the 32" toro.
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would not agree with everything this poster said. Conditions are never perfect for mowing, fact. The Quick will stripe up a lawn really nice in all conditions BUT sopping wet, long grass. My machine has been a real $$maker for me, no regrets.
  7. lifetree

You really don't know what you're talking about ... just look at the BOP website for the specs on the 32" machine ... the width is 34.5 inches !!
  8. THC

The chute doesn't fold over out of the way, so you have to add that.

Not only that, Toro only adds .8 of an inch from cutting width to deck width. Quick adds 2.5 inches PLUS the chute that doesn't fold out of the way and even if you take it off (which is dangerous unless mulching) the bracket over hangs.

so, my toro 36 has less width then a quick 32.

You own one, take a picture and prove me wrong.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  9. lifetree

This post sums it up pretty nicely !!
  10. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have anything against quick mowers but, a quick dually compared to a pro line or an exmark viking is like bringing a knife to a gun fight the toro/exmark is way more machine. Now I don't really care for either brand, my avatar will direct you towards mowers that are true $$ makers.