1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any REAL Pond Builders on Long Island?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by nitecapt, Mar 1, 2011.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Sir not all contractors hire local illegals. :hammerhead:Go ahead and build it and see how it turns out if you have the answers already.
  2. nitecapt

nitecapt LawnSite Member

We'll I thank you all for your input. Judging by the more recent responses, I'm amazed at the classy people we have on this board.

Thanks again!
  3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate to break it to you but they are just trying to be honest with you man.
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

He comes on here and bad mouths contractors on a contractors site and now he wants to talk about class. lol Free learning experience to all the new guys around here and a nice reminder to the vets. There will be people out there that you are just better off walking away from.
  5. Pondmeister

Pondmeister LawnSite Member

I second this and add: Anyone can roll boulders but will the boulders stay in place. It's also the artistry, the attention to detail, the understanding of filtration, sizing.

If you have the "shovel and a pickup" guys do your work, ask yourself will they come back when you have problems? AND what happens if someone gets hurt on the job! Do "they" have insurance? If not, you, the homeowner, WILL pay their bill.
  6. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a reputable pond builder here on long island. I've been installing water features for 6yrs now. I"m not sold on the bottom drain though. I use the Aquascape eco system with no problems. I have lazy and older age customers that have minimal maintenance involved with this systems. I'm a Certified Aquascape Contractor as well. Check out my thread on this forum http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=297545 my website is also shown in my signature. If your interested in having me come out to check out your property, private message me, and i'll send u my info. Im based out of Hauppauge NY. *** I also don't hire illegals, and i'm on the job everyday.***
  7. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt if the OP is keeping current with this thread anymore, Twitchy. Send him a PM. He may not respond, but at least he will be more likely to get your info.
  8. Fishwhiz

Fishwhiz LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I got a good chuckle out of this thread. It reminds me that we each have our own perspective of reality. The original poster's perception of a real pond is far from my concept of a real pond. His perception of real pond builders is closer to what many of us might call Santa Claus.

I am reminded of a recent call from woodstock vt. The gentleman wanted us to send someone from our lake placid, ny location to look at his proposed pond site for free. We were suppose to be so honored by his request that we would gladly drive the 7 hour round trip at no charge. As I was quickly exiting the phone conversation, I was torn between laughing him off the phone and wanting to reach through the phone line to give this "gentleman" a dose of reality. In any case, it is said that it takes all kinds to make the world go around. Thankfully most of us have learned we don't need this sort of client. It's pretty easy to see why people have rejected his offer. In the end, real ponds cost real money.