any reason not to buy redmax over shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

I'm fairly convinsed that redmax and shind products are exactly the same as far as product goes, one might look a litttle diff but...

here is what i'm looking at buying

Shind
    Eb630 499 + tax
    ah230 - 599 + tax
    t270 - 389 + tax

Red Max
    eb7000 475 tax incl
    LTRZ2500 465 tax incl
    not sure which redmax trimmer....

2. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

in case no one realized the questoin is, is there a reason to buy shindaiwa over redmax?

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

They both make great equipment...It just comes down to preferance! I own all redmax 2 cycle machines. Redmax trimmers are just more comfortable for me.....I like the head better also.

4. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard only good things about both.

What dealer do you like better?

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

echo, shin, redmax all great equipment, whatever floats ur boat

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Both brands I think will be big competitors in the future along with Echo. All three make good products so I guess it all comes out to the price and comfortability.

7. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

I know that the redmax and shidiawa blowers are almost the same, but are you sure about the trimmers, and the articulating hedge trimmers. Also that price on the AH230 is way too high.

I have all shindiawa stuff and I love it. It costs more than stihl or echo, but over the last two seasons I had only one problem with one of my trimmers and it was covered under warranty. I have 5 trimmers, 2 edgers, 2 blowers, and 1 hedge trimmer. I also have some stihl stuff and I absolutely hate it. It might just be the particular items that I have, but I wouldn't buy another stihl product.

As far as echo goes, I have a friend with all echo stuff and it seems like something is always broken. They are much less expensive though.

8. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

sorry, I guess I didn't really answer the question. I don't have any redmax products but I do own T-270s and EB-630s and they are the best you can buy in my opinion. I know the redmax blower has a larger air filter.

9. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

Holy crap, 475 for an EB7000? Thats pretty sweet, best I can get around here is 550. Shin makes better than most brands products, but Redmax definetly has the best.

10. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

In my neck of the woods the shin stuff is cheaper tham redmax,than is always a plus.