Any Redmax reps on here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Upstate Mike, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I am having problems with my brand new redmax 7000 blower and my local dealer basicly told me to stick it because I bought it from Alamia online.The thing runs like crap and when you have it wide open its like somebody is reving the throttle up and down .It has little power but then it picks up again and has full power.The plug was white when I pulled it out and I am running it 50:1 like it says.My local dealer started it up for 3 seconds shut it off and said "it runs fine to me" Then I told him the plug was white and he said "it shouldnt be" and then he told me there was nothing he could do because it runs fine.I dont want to send it back to Alamia because it will be weeks before I get it back.

2. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Have we learned a lesson here, Upstate Mike? The bitter taste of no service remains after the sweetness of saving a couple bucks is gone.

3. Upstate Mike

Thank you,That is very helpful

4. Upstate Mike

I figured out the problem myself.I drained all the gas and mixed up some Penzoil synthetic with 93 octane at 40:1 and now its blows harder than it ever did and it runs like a top.I must have had a bad batch of oil on the last fill up.The local Redmax dealer only services Redmax products and doesn't stock one piece of equipment so I didn't really have a choice did I?

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Mike, who was the dealer ????
    If you dont want to mention names e-mail me.
    If you need help with the unit I can help you out I have a few connections with dealers here in our area.

Later
    Pj

6. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Upstate Mike, I am a Redmax rep for the mid west, i.e. Missouri and Illinois. I am glad you fixed your problem. What concerns me is the fact your local dealer would not help you. All Redmax dealers are to perform warranty regardless where the unit was purchased. And why would he care where you bought it, if he doesn't stock products but only services them. If this were my account, I would sure like to know. I also think Redmax would be interested in hearing of this dealers actions. We cater towards commercial landscapers and sell a top-notch piece of equipment. We take service issues very seriously. Good luck your Redmax equipment, and if you would like to call, here is the number. 1-800-291-8251.

7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

The Red Max manual for the 6200's and my trimmer says to mix 87 octane at 32:1. Are you sure about the mix this time ? I'm not familiar with the 7000's. But I agree with others comments about supporting local biz. Unless you had no other choice.

jeffyr

8. Upstate Mike

Does Redmax have dealers who just fix Redmax products and not sell them? This guy dosnt have one piece of redmax equipment in his showroom.

9. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Upstate Mike, I have no Redmax dealers that only service and warranty units. All of my dealers also stock equipment. Unless this dealer has a "special" agreement with his distributor, I dont believe Redmax would allow a dealer to not sell products but only service them. I know our distributorship rules are, to be a Redmax dealer, you must perform warranty (no matter where purchased) and stock a minimum of 12 pieces of equipment. We only set-up full sales and service dealers. I'm sure Redmax would like to hear of your mis fortune.

To Jeffyr, keep using what your manual says. You probably have a little older unit. All units now are at a 50:1 mixture at 87 octane.

Good luck to both of you guys on your Redmax products.

10. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I guess Redmax has changed! It seems they were more customer friendly a few years ago... too bad.