1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

any reliable ph soil test kits?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by mrkosar, Mar 12, 2006.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

suggestions or opinions on whether they are worth it or work? thinking about adding this as a bonus when I give an estimation.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have saw em for 20 bucks or so,use the search button at the top this was brought up a while back.
  3. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

4. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

The Kelways are great and professional looking, also last for years........La Motts makes the "Kats Ass" of test kits:dancing:
  5. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

Got a website? I needzzzzzzz me a PH TESTER!!!!!!!:jester: :jester: :jester:
  6. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Your tester tells you your ph is 4.5 or 8.5, now how to correct it?
    In other words, the tester isnt worth squat because even if you know what the ph is, you still dont know what to apply, or how much is needed, to correct the problem.
  7. lawnguy26

lawnguy26 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

A $550 difference between the LaMotte and Kelway:eek:

Is the LaMotte that much more precise? What's the difference?
  8. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Kelway..

I don't know about the accuracy though.. according to the soil tests performed with it, none of my lawns need a lime treatment... I KNOW that's too good to be true! I might end up blowing the $600 on a laboratory quality tester.
  9. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

BTW, I automaticly charge $20 per year for a 'soil test' so I can recover the cost in a year or two..
  10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

it is very rare that you will have a PH problem! most ph testers are for making the home owner feel all warm and fuzzy!