Any reported problems with the 66" xr-7?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Shady Brook, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am now considring the 66" unit because of the reported problems with the 60". Have there been ANY reports of problems with the 66" deck? I would probably be better suited getting the 60", but will go with the 66" most likely if there are no potential problems. I know one fella has been having pulleys breaking on his 66", will this be a concern for this unit?

Thanks

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Get the 28 efi 66" XR-7 with flex forks and you will be very happy, there is a lot of difference in fuel economy and the efi feels like it has 30 hp next to the 27's.

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm haven a lot of problems with mine...... I have to decide if I want to take on more lawns or play more due to it being sooooooooo much better and faster than my old super-z

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Those are some hard decisions Dennis.........

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Don't count the 60" out. The baffle is very simple to install if you need it, and I'm sure the dealer would install one on a new unit.

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If I were you I would try to play more I can see from your age that both of us are running out of time faster than we want to admit.