Any Residential ZTR That Gives Commercial Quality Cut and Stripes?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by jdlynch, Apr 25, 2006.

1. jdlynch

jdlynch LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I want to buy a ztr to use on my own 1 acre property, but, I also want to buy a mower that will give the same look to my turf that the commercial mowers give.

I could easily purchase an exmark lazer hp or ct, but that equates to a large price for admission. I have also been turned off by the obvious lack of quality in the residential ztr's. Does anyone know of a ztr that will give a cut equal to that of a commercial ztr with a lower price than a commercial ztr?

I really feel that $6700 is hard to justify for my small property. However, I love the Lazer HP 19hp 46" triton deck ztr and would love to have it. I only wish I had more acreage to justify it rationally.

Any suggestions?

2. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Hustler Fastrak 20hp with 52" deck for $4950 plus tax. I looked around at most everything for a couple of weeks and kept coming back to the Fastrak. I started looking at the $2500 Toro that you see at Home Depot but it just doesn't compare to the Hustler Fastrak in quality. The Fastrak is about as close as you can get to commercial without buying a commercial unit. Do some searches on here and you will see a lot of positive comments.

Good luck in your search.

3. keystonejohn

keystonejohn LawnSite Member

just recently purchased a hustler mini fastrack 17/42. really love it, cant say enough good about the quality of the mower, and for the price,at $3400, it is far better than the other homeowner grade of mowers i looked at. i would strongly encourage you to check out the hustler model. good luck.

4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Have you looked at Encore? Stipping as good as it gets. Also I beleve there is some clearance pricing of there Z series machines.

5. forgop

forgop LawnSite Member

I purchased an Ariens 1740 a year ago and installed the mulching it. It also has a stiping kit attached. I think it's a GREAT value when you look at how rugged it is.

6. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I recently got the Hustler Mini FasTrack 42/16 for a hare under 3900.00. The cut is OUTSTANDING! Truly as close to a commericial built unit as you can get. No power issues whatsoever with the twin cylinder Honda.:clapping:

7. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

I have a buddy who bought a gravely homeowners ztr, I think it has a 15 hp engine with a 42" deck, he paid under 3000.00 for it and swears that its the best purchase that he ever made.

8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Ariens (Gravely) Zoom 2148XL for $3800 plus tax and it has the true commercial hydraulic drive units, not the home owner style this thing has a quick response when you want to turn or stop. I just put on the mulch kit and I'm very pleased with the stripes it lays. If you look up some of the threads i started you can see some stripes that it laid.

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

the ariens mini zooms are looking good. i almost bought one. good deal.

10. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Look to Simplicity for your answer...

Here's a few models to consider. All have rollers on the back of the deck, which pretty much assures you you'll get the stripes you want. Plus Simplicity has been a well-regarded manufacturer for years. :drinkup: