Any size lawn $20 upto 5000sf baged and hauled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willis, May 14, 2004.

1. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of Mowing any size lawn for $20 up to 5,000sf bagged and hauled.

I think it SUCKS the life right out of my business.

This lco here in Spokane does primarily commercial accounts
    but low balls the few residential accounts that he gets, I don't understand this and it pisses me off. this guy has be in business for about 5-7 year I think. He is quite professional from what I gather. But other companies that have bean in business for about 35 years charge $30- $40 for a lawn that size.
    Is there any buddy to back me up?

This sucks!!!!

Like I said this company is quite professional.

p.p.s I do primarily residential.
  2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Don't worry about it. If he can make money working that be it. He can't possibly take the work of all the LCO's in your area so let him kill himself for peanuts working for the tightwads.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I don't happen to think it is cheap,but then I don't live in your neck of the woods.
    5000 sq. ft. is a quite small lawn.
  4. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. 5K is just not that big.

Any other details about this that could mean other things.

Thats straight up, mow-blow. Anything migratory that you dont move they don't trim, Fences, pools , dog houses extra?

I mean, could it be a "come on"?

Maybe it is a loss leader?

Another side of the coin is that it is a small profit, but a place to put men. And depending on how long they've been at this campaign, maybe they are going to open up a residential segment........

In which case they won't be down at that price long.

Either way, a twenty dollar stop aint worth it, It WOUKD be better to travel for that twenty on a higher margin job.

Food for thought?
  5. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

No joke......I didn't know they made lawns that small.
    It sounds more like a right-of-way.
  6. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

The thing is, this guy prefers commercial accounts over residential but still low balls the residential. :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Why dos'nt he just leave the residential to us and bid them hi if he dos'nt want them????:mad:
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Maybe he's just trying to "buy" market share to expand into residential.
  8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!! In my market your lucky to get $2 per thousand in the residential end. I would take all of the 5K $20 lawns I could get!!!
  9. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

Maybe residential is for the SCRUBS and commercial is were its at.:confused: :confused:

GOD knows, there is plenty of them out there TAKING MY FREEKEN BUSINESS.:angry: :angry: :blob2: :angry:
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The smallest lawn that I do is 4,800. So $20 bagged seems ok to me, unless its a lot to bag