1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any solo's making 100k per year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Jun 20, 2005.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I have been at 60K per year for the last couple of years. Working 3days one week and then 4 days the next week rotating that way. This year I'm hoping to work 5 days per week to reach my goal of a 100K I will have to make about $385.00 per day to do this. I make this on the days I work now, I just need more full days. Anyone doing this now being solo?
  2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

yes but not just in lawncare. That also includes soil work such as grading new home sites and tractor work as well as a few side jobs doing lighting.
  3. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

I made 56k my first 5 months but I decided to hire help after that. I would think it would be pretty had to do that doing maintenance alone. The bigger chunk of our income comes from landscaping. Hope you can do it though good luck.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be at 80 if I was able to work 52 weeks a year. Our season is about 30 weeks.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

The goal for next year is to clear 40,000 just in mowing. I'm solo, the goal is go get 65-70 weekly accounts which I can handle in 5 days no problem (possibly 4 if I work long days), and I intend on only offering mulch/shrub trimming services to my weekly customers, unless its slow then I'll work for whoever. I have a few smaller LCO's that have me do leave's for them since they don't have the equipment so leaves are a big money maker also for me. I won't be near 100K but I'll be making more then enough to keep me happy.
  6. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

desert when you say your at 60k does that mean your bring in that much or taking home that much.
  7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

This year I will gross about 65k from my lawn maint., however this is my second job (wouldn't call it part time though) I work a night shift then do lawncare most of the day.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe in FL. Won't happen here in the NE...season just isn't long enough IMO.
  9. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Bring in that much.
  10. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I am at the same point. I do this part-time and as stated earlier, I wouldn't call it part-time. I have come to a point where I stop taking accounts or hire someone. I have decided to stay as a S.P. and avoid the liability, as well as hassel, with hiring employees. I made 40k last year and expect to top out at a gross of 50 this year. This is sufficient for 30 hours per week.