any South Carolinians out there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweatdog20, Mar 2, 2002.

1. sweatdog20

sweatdog20 LawnSite Member

Im from the Irmo area or Columbia area, just looking for some local lawnservice friends

2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Not from SC, but sure miss the days I spent in Summerville, SC!

....just seeing South Carolina on the thread made me miss it!

3. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

I was born in Rock Hill S.C. I went to Northwestern High School. We wrestled and played football against Irmo. Glad to hear from a fellow Sandlapper.
    Bill Craig!

4. Trauma

Trauma LawnSite Member

Makes me home sicjk for Charleston. Was there for three years in the military during the late 80's. Would go back in a heart beat if it was possible. Grew up in Greenville during my very early years, still remember it fondly.

Doug

5. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Just moved in. York S.C.

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

:D Grew up in Gaffney, moved to ... Texas, California, Texas, Georgia, then back to SC! I love the state, myself. Families are both in the Spartanburg area. :D

7. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

Played Gaffney in football one friday night and kicked their butt. Went to get on the bus, and they had turned the cheerleaders bus over. Had to run out of the tunnel before the game with a plastic sheet over our heads to protect us from hockers. I hated playing Gaffney.
    Bill Craig!

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

I,m in Inman, right next to Spartanburg. Moved here from WPB FL. would never go back.

9. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds about right, Bill. I remember a Gaffney/Spartanburg game where we thought they were going to start throwing rocks at our bus (Band). That wasn't too fun. :(

10. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I grew up in goose creek and lived there for 15 years till 1990 we moved to silverdale, washington. I ran a lawn service there and god I can remember the heat and humidity.... Up here It's really great during the summer, not to hot or muggy and NO black widows or snakes. Haven't seen a roach in years, We do miss the beaches though.