Any suggestions for my new 6 x 10 enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nwlandscaping, Mar 14, 2007.

1. briancom

briancom LawnSite Member
    from 70458

I'll never go back to an open trailer, there is no way to put this much stuff and keep it secure and out of the elements. I reinforced the bottom of wall with a 5/4 x 6 deck board to keep riders and stuff from busting up the lower wall (last trailer was a learning curve). ... and I still have about 4' between mowers to access trimmers, all works well, easy access.

2. Brett's Cutting Edge

Brett's Cutting Edge LawnSite Member
    from novi

J-thomas has a nice 3 trimmer rack that i have in my trailer and it was around 100 no pins or anything it has a center bar that slides up and down to keep them locked in place.

3. nwlandscaping

nwlandscaping LawnSite Member

Ya your trailer looks great! Thats' not a bad idea and much more cost efficient. Those are bicycle hooks right? So its important to stain and paint? I heard that before, so I should definitely get that done soon. As of right now my trailer size should suit my needs, but I can see how I will need something larger within the next few years.

4. nwlandscaping

nwlandscaping LawnSite Member

hey Bretts Cutting Edge, where did you get your trimmer rack? Can it be purchased online?

5. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I found some racks here: Mow More Landscape Supplies

Scroll down to: Deluxe Trimmer Rack TG3500

My new 8x18' Atlas will be here in a week or so .. I've got to get busy! :cool2:

6. Prestige-Lawncare

7. PinnaclePM

PinnaclePM LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Another option in enclosed trailer prep work would be to get a rino liner sprayed in on the floor and slightly up the walls. This makes it a lot easier to clean out and keep the wood solid. good traction too.

8. Prestige-Lawncare

Go to your local hardware store (Lowes, Menards, Home Depot), and you can get a paint with a gritty surface that also seals the floor. Lots .... LOTS cheaper then Line-X or other liner spray and works almost as well. My truck is a short bed (6' bed) ... but my trailer is 18' long ... big difference in price in a spray in liner.

Good point though ... it is a great idea to seal the floor and part way up the walls. Put some 5/4 decking boards around the base of the walls to protect from the equipment running into them (and it will) ... and then apply the sealant.

9. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I used porch paint on my enclosed trailer floor. It has the grit in it and comes in gray. The only problem is if you spill fuel it will eat the paint.

10. briancom

briancom LawnSite Member
    from 70458

Well, no post to this thread lately, .....anyone with something to say?