Any suggestions for our flyer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bzackrie, Feb 15, 2007.

1. bzackrie

bzackrie LawnSite Member

I was just wondering what yall thought about our flyer and if you had any suggestions for it.

Attached Files:

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

no comment

3. bzackrie

bzackrie LawnSite Member

So does that mean the flyer isnt good or what?

4. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Word is not that good for making flyers.....in my oppinion if you are going to do flyers, get them done professionaly....if you're a professional why settle for unprofessional advertising

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

It is ok if you are 13 but it won't present you as a professional company with all that clip art...try not to use WORD as your design software.

6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

And if your professional you should know its not "weed eating" its trimming. yeh it looks a little like a 12 year old did it. try other programs or have it professionaly done, its actually not that expensive for someone else to do it. (which ive found out recently). Good luck to ya!

7. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

You can make a great flyer with MSWord, but I agree it needs more work. Try different fonts/spacing/colors. And get rid of the clip art. Use a good program like photoshop if you have it. But it is an expensive program, so you could settle for the paint program, just take your time and design pictures yourself. If you aren't that artistic, you could take digital pics of some nice lawns that you service and import them into word.

Or like they said, just pay someone to do it if you have more money than time...

8. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Agree, loose the clipart. If you want to use images either take some pictures or purchase pictures online from compnaies like www.corbis.com

Also a good graphic program like Adobe Illustrator will allow you to produce extremly professional looking fliers. Photoshop is more of a photo-editing software where Illustrator is designed around producing graghics.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry...It looks like your standard, run of the mill supermarket "grass cuttin', bush trimmin', junk haulin', fence paintin', baby sittin', handyman, get 'er done flyer to me. I wouldn't look twice at it. Do a little bit of research on some of the others on here...There have been some nice ones that are well thought out on here. Also, you advertise "fertilizing" on here? On a flyer like this,...it just screams out "Risky Proposition". Again, we'll pass.....

10. bzackrie

bzackrie LawnSite Member

Ok, so if i took out the clip art and added a more professional looking logo would that make the flyer pretty good?

Is the words and stuff all good like the services and what the mowing includes??

Also can yall tell me some programs that I could use that dont cost alot or are free. I looked up the Adobe Illustrations on there website and it said it cost 500 bucks!