Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobblet, Dec 16, 2007.

1. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

I have one clean-up that I would really like to finish before x-mas this is my #1 customer. Their lawn is 6 acres and the other day it took 3 of us 8 hours just to do around the house about 1 acre due to the wet leaves. My question does anyone have any other technique's or suggestions besides tarp dragging to the woods due to street pick-up is no longer available. Tried to use cyclone rake but leaves are just to wet. Now please take in consider this is 5 acres of oak leaves that we are talking about. Thinking about blowing and mulching but with alot of leaves and being wet we know what can happen.
  2. cutemhigh

cutemhigh LawnSite Member
    from 44060

My first instinct is, that if its six acres, Im wondering: Do they have woods? Is any forest area part of their lot? If so, I would little wonder that stuff into the woods and be done.
    Assuming your answer is no, youre raking and tarping oak leaves in december on your best customer, and theres no easy way out. Interested to see what others say...
  3. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

let it dry out and tell your #1 customer its the best thing for him as well. communicate. I have had to call and tell some jan. their glad I called and for the most part understanding.