1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any Tanaka users here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am about to pick up a new TBC-250SF split shaft trimmer. I am also going to get the articulating hedge trimmer attachment and in a few weeks the edger attachment and possibly the pole saw attachment.

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiance with this unit?
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

any tanaka dealers? -not!
  3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

ima tanaka guy. im afraid though that i dont use any of the split attachments. Most of my stuff is top of their line equip, and then i upgrade it from there. :) Dont ask.
  4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

One of their reps said that you can purchase their products at Amazon.com.
    I sure they have great customer support. NOT!!!
  5. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I thought I would answer to this as I have owned Tanaka in the past. Last year I picked up a cemetary with quite a lot of trimming and bought two 225s due to the light weight. I also did the review for Turf on the extended reach trimmer. The two 225s ran for about 6 months (about 18 gals of premix each) before they started giving problems. I found a dealer about 20min from the house and since I didn't buy from them there was no service. Also parts are high compared to the redmax trimmers I run now.

One the other hand, Mark Woodling, who I dealt with on the review was extremely helpful and fixed the problems I had with the extended trimmer (bad gearbax) before I wrote the review.

After all this I can't say that I still recommend the Tanaka brand like I used to but the majority of the heartburn I had with the brand could have been taken care of by a decent dealer taking care of the problems I had and not raping me on parts.

Hope this helps:)