any thoughts about this pic?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by shovelracer, Oct 3, 2007.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

So I just met a new client. New couple just married, first home, blah blah. First wants lawn replaced with sod, but sod that doesnt need to be watered. Reason being that they wont be living there for a month and dont want any maintenance other than bi-weekly mowing. Then they show me this picture and tell me this is what they want the front to look like this cause it looks very low maintenance. So where can I by low maintenance sod and full grown manicured shrubs on a budget? Just kidding, I tried so hard not to fall over laughing in front of them.

CANUKRJH.jpg

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Do they want light bulbs you don't have to change and carpets you don't have to vacuum, because I know where to get that. Ha, make sure you don't put a guarentee on any work you do for them. Id figure out how much you would lose on weekly maint. from them and add it into the price.

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell them that by hiring you to do the work, they can have a low maintenence lawn. It will at least be low maintenence for them. hehe
    :weightlifter:

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Exactly... the only finger they will have to lift is when they right your check at the end of the month.

If they want sod that doesn't need to be watered... what they were really saying is to give them a quote on an irrigation system!

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Duh,
    Astroturf and plastic plants. You can have the street sweeper come by every week and "mow" the lawn.

6. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Lol. This is very true. :clapping:

7. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

how about that synthetic putting green material, you could turn the yard into a mini golf, how cool would that be?

8. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

Might Just Be Me But I Have Sold People Plasic Plants

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Inside thats great.

Outside... why?

How did you get the first letter of each of your words so big?

10. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The lawn they want (the newlyweds) is the way most lawns are,
    at least in my neck of the woods.
    Just sounds like he doesn't want to mow on every other Sunday afternoon, but spend it with his young wife. In a couple of years he will fight you for the lawnmower :)
    Sometimes we forget that there are just "average" homes with average lawns, who do not have a fetish for grass.