Any thoughts on Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by StevensL&L, May 18, 2008.

1. StevensL&L

StevensL&L LawnSite Member

Im needing a new zero turn really bad. One that will stripe great and easily mulch of have a shoot blocker if needed. Was kinda lookin at the Dixie Chopper and was wondring what your thoughts were. Any suggestions would be greatly sppreciated.

2. Fine Lines

Fine Lines LawnSite Member

You will get some very different opinions on the DC's,one of those things people either love em or hate em no in between.I'm very happy with my 03 classic.The simplicity and the way they are built sold me on em.Very easy to work on if you have to,but but mine has not gave me a bit of trouble,very durable.Only thing i've had to do was replace the battery (normal replacement item).If your used to some of the other zt's it might take some getting used to the easy,sensitive levers but very easy to get used to and like after a bit.

3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I sm not impressed with their cut quality they make a great striping kit out of chains that can be made to fit any mower. So if you bought a better mower like a scag then you could adapt this to the mower yourself for cheap. but scag stripes great from the factory. I really would not mess with dixie there are far better mowerws out there. Scag,exmark, toro, grasshopper to name a few. Gravely makes a good mower for a little less dough than those other brands. Good luck with your decision

4. Fine Lines

Fine Lines LawnSite Member

Forgot to add,mine stripes great.Has the striping kit as well but still do a good job without this....

5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Crap I forgot to mention dealer support buy from the best dealer. This is my motivations factor to buy from my dealer because they are great.

6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We love our's, 2 XT-3300 60". We had 3 other DC's before these. Very few problems and we work them hard week in and week out, and we have a long growing season in the south.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions about them.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I like mine just fine and have no issues with the quality of cut. It's fast and reliable.