Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by MMEC, Mar 10, 2006.

1. MMEC

MMEC LawnSite Member
    from East

Here is the situation. A builder is starting a new development of low maint. detached homes, kind of upscale for the area. He has two ponds about 300' apart and wants a man made stream with running water that can be heard. Now is not my fortay by any means. So I will have to sub it out. I will try to post pics in the next couple of days. Note how I referred to them as ponds. To me they are not big enough to be called lakes. My concerns off the top of my head would be to replenish the higher elivation lake I would then have to send water back up the slope since I don't believe that a normal spring fed pond would be able to handle the loss of over a hundred thousand of gallons of water day, day in and day out. Any thoughts without seeing the pics. And as with all builders he is most likely thinking that this will cost just a couple of grand. But correct me if I am wrong, this type of job is a big ticket item.

2. horizonlandscape

horizonlandscape LawnSite Member
    from usa

You are on the right track. It is a big ticket (high dollar job) and yes most likely you will need to pump return water back up to the pond at the higher elevation.

Thanks,
    Darron Bryant