Any tips for my web site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TheCanadianLawnRanger, Mar 14, 2009.

1. TheCanadianLawnRanger

TheCanadianLawnRanger LawnSite Member

2. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

I think your aerating and gutter prices are super low. Mowing is pretty low also. I do like the background music.
  3. mr mow

Even if it is in canada. I'm not willing to break my neck for $20.
  4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO @ the music..... good.

but damn bro.... do you do ANYTHING that's more then $50-?????

driveway cleaning - $15+ ????
  5. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

You should be charging by the month for residential snow clearing, that's what I do.

and why do you call it gutter cleaning? That's an american term.. we call it Eavestrough cleaning. Way too low in price.. makes me wonder if you really are just trying to get people to pay in advance.

This is the tactic Tony's Snow Blowing used and I think they were in Ottawa too.
  6. mr mow

Gutter/eavestrough are both used in the U.S. and does it really matter, they are both understood and get the point across. One does sound more professional IMO though.
  7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Overall it looks pretty good, I agree with the comments about your prices though, they seem way too low. Like the music though. :laugh:
  8. THC

Nobody calls them gutters here:canadaflag:

When I hear the word gutter I think of the side of a road way. (I'm in the business btw)
  9. mr mow

Didnt realize you were from canada, it doesnt say, figured it out by the flag : ) obviously I cant speak to the lingo there.
  10. THC

Yeah, the TS is from Canada also but what I think he's doing is copying things from American Websites.

I don't want to come off as too opinionated because I really wish the best to anyone starting a new business but I think for a new co. he is offering way too many services at way too low a price. The only prices I think are doable are the weekly lawncare but that better be a dead easy yard 3k of grass or something.

I remember one year I bite of more then I could chew and offered Aeration even though I didn't have an aerator and I just caused myself a lot of grief and disappointed a few people.

This is a perfect time of year 4-5 weeks from now spring clean up / power raking starts, that's a nice money maker... well not for $50 like on his website, lol. But 10k flyers should get you 100 clean ups even with moderate pricing. I have to hire day labour to help. I do that every year but you have to have a power raker and I got this feeling he doesn't have much if any equipment.