1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any tips on saving money with Mailers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JimLewis, Jan 20, 2002.

1. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

Jim

Hi again. I just looked at your postcard. Looks great with lots of info. A couple of suggestions:

1. Include a return address. The postal people like this and if any cards are returned you can remove that name from future mailings.

2. Send a card to yourself. This will let you see how the cards are post marked. They may be covering up some of your copy. Here they put a tape strip across bottom of card. That would cover up some of your card. You may want to adjust copy to be seen.

Good luck with your mailing. Your phone is going to get a real workout!

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I like this idea. Thanks for the pointer. Something so simple, and I didn't think about it.

I already mailed all of ours out, and I don't think we will run into a problem, but one can never tell. So now I'm going to send myself one just to see. I know it's late, but at least I will know for next time.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I know these services exist (I even mentioned them in another post), but I can't seem to find them in the phone book! Suggestions on what to look under?

4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

USPS is very particular with what can be printed where on the addressing plate (especially if going at a bulk rate). I would recommend seeking some advice from them on what is passable before printing a batch. My $.02.

jf