Any tips on this?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lonnie, May 1, 2004.

1. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to buy my first hydro wb. It is a 37" Hustler with 200hrs and it looks to be in really good condition as far as the picture shows. It has the parking brake and bagger also. I am going to buy it for $2600. Does this sound like a good deal? Since this is my first hydro. Are there certain things I should look for when I go look at it.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The unit alone has a MSRP of $5075.00 and the parking brake is $ 195.00 and the Hustler catcher is $425.00 so I would say that $2600.00 is a great price for having 200 hours on it.
    Check the regular items, oil, blades, spindles, belts, tires, hydro fluid.. etc...etc... and drive it.

Hope this helps

Pj

3. lonnie

What do I look for with the spindles and the hydro pump? How do I tell if there is a problem.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

To check the spindle bearings you want to firmly grasp the blade and try to move it side to side to see if there is any play in the bearing's, you would also remove the belt and spin each spindle to check for bearing noise, of course you do this with the engine off.
    As far as the hydro, with out a pressure guage there is no way to check the pressures in the pumps, I would drive the unit and cut with it and then make sure it is up to operating temperature, and make sure the unit feels like it has power, drive it up a hill and make sure it does not slip or feel restricted.

Pj

5. lonnie

Thanks for the info.