Any toro 593-D problems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MANICURED LAWNS, Oct 4, 2006.

1. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Just bought a new Toro Z Master 593-D yesterday I was wondering if anyone has had any type of problems with theirs, if you haven't had any problems tell me how you like the machine.

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to hear this too. We just finished a 2 day demo on an 06 unit with just over 100 hrs.

Has anyone hit the 1000 hr mark yet? Any problems?

My concerns with the machine are:
    How do the hydros hold up, they felt a little wierd while slowing down from full speed.
    How does the PTO clutch hold up, the 23 kubota doesn't have enough low end grunt to engage it at a low rpm. 1/2 "throttle" seemed about right but a 200ft lb clutch is not strong enough in my opinion to have any longevity in this application.
    Any problems with the gearbox for the PTO drive pulley, this doesn't really scare me but if its been a problem for others I'd like to know.

On a side note, the cut quality and power at full rpm were great for us. I like it.

BTW congrats on the purchase manicured lawns. Keep us posted on your experiences with it.

Thanks

3. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, about to sign a cheque on a z597D toro which as it would appear to be the bigger bro to 593D. Considered 593d i will list what i found out.
    1/von ruden 90 degree pto box ,same maker as fitted to walker in oz it is expensive to repair [good box but..] longevity????
    2/it appeared from memory the "under bonnet" had more going on ,[in the 593] to catch grass
    3/kub in593 would be a better engine than 597 diahatsu [most issues in 597 have been solved now]the kub is a proven unit EG the diahatsu engine although bugs have been soughted now Briggs does the support. Briggs DOES NOT produce industrial engines and therefore the support is very retail based and as a result poor!!!!
    4/ i have seen the shafts in the wheel motors 597 same brand ithink as 593 break in half and spread metal thru hydraulics. To much curb hopping and going forward to reverse on pavement[road surface]
    5/ There are many 597 in oz and this assisted my decision .Although 593/597 r similar 593 i could not find many owners either to ask .
    tomo

4. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Considered the 597 but but everything engine wise is too difficult to access