Any Triton users?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Sep 26, 2006.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Is there anyone using the new triton deck in the northern grasses? I heard about it leaving strips of uncut grass like the xr7 was doing and just wondering if this is true and if they got it worked out? also wondering what the cut is like compared to the ultra cut?

2. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Can't compare to the ultra cut because I've never ran one. My trition does great under dry conditions (but doesn't any mower?) for side discharging. If the grass is overgrown it will NOT cut a smooth cut. However, if the lawn is maintained it will cut nicely.

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i have a 19 hp 46 in cut HP and a 31 hp 66 in cut XS both with the triton deck. for side discharging.... i have no complaints at all. i can mow almost at full speed discharging. but... because of an account that i have which requires me to use mulchkits on both 100% of the time i only have one complaint, and that is that you have to slow down quite a bit. it doesnt mulch like the ultracut did. the mulch isnt as fine as what the ultracut was. this has to do with the deck being an inch deeper and the slowed bladetip speed. i do think that it still makes one of the prettiest cuts i've ever seen, it just takes a little more time mulching. the 19hp46.... this is the one that strains more mulching but the 31hp66in is a beast. most of my "complaints" go to the 19hp46.... its a bit underpowered for that deck. hope this helps.

4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

ok so it doesnt cut real well in over grown conditions, but does it leave a strip of uncut grass like some of the people have mentioned?

5. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I did a demo on one for two weeks and didn't leave ant stripes.