Any turf tigers with vibration problems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royalslover, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used TT last year. I know that's not smart but it was a family deal. Anyway, it had a bad vibration. My brother hd taken it to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with it. The dealer is an idiot. The oil drain had vibrated enough to wallow out and the radiator tried to fall off every time I used it. I finally narrowed it down to the pto shaft and replaced it. It was fine for most of the year but now it's shakin again. I think it's a horrible design to run a shaft and a gearbox. Three problems: 1, together they are $700 to replace, 2, they are prone to vibration, and 3, they rob too much power. No more TT's for me. Only belts from now on.

2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

G'day Rob. Reading about your viabration I can only put it down to bearings gone in spindles. Check under deck by wobbling each blade in a
    verticle motion with force to see if any play. If there is you need new bearings. Also a sign if the deck is noisey with viabration.
    I have a carb prob now and cant get part as kawasaki only sells to scag dealers which sucks. Dealers for scag downunder are pathitic the two I have tried and rip ya off.
    Any way hope this is help to you. :cool2:

3. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. I wish it was a bad spindle. Piece of cake. But it was definitly the shaft. Now it's bad again.

4. eclawn

eclawn LawnSite Member

Scag got a batch of shafts that didnt get hardened, they had a manditory up date.The bad shafts wore very quick.Also if your dealer had in stock may of been bad also,make shure if order new that it is Wiesley shaft that has decal on it saying how often should be greased.Decal is blue easy to identify.