1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Any updates on Exmark Metro 26?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Jan 5, 2008.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

A Metro 26 would be perfect for my townhouse work but last year most reports were negative on these machines Has anyone heard any GOOD news about them for 2008
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have some good news about my Metro 26" for 2008. The fact that I sold it and dont have it anymore is great news to me!!
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Must not have improved much. One of the larger companies in town dropped off three of them to my mechanic. Didn't want them fixxed just wanted them gone. Two are about a year old and worked fine.
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I must have bought a good one last year. Yes I had a problem with premature bag failure but exmark took care of that and then some. other than that all I can say is my dealer added an extra hi lift on the blades that packs the bag so tight sometimes it is hard to get the grass out. I must say it is the key mower on all of our small yards and has probably close to 500 hrs on it or more. I like that wet grass doesn't stick to the bottom like it does on some of our 21's. we will see what next year brings.
  5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone else
  6. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search, I was bragging about mine a few days ago:)