Any Victoria B.C. cutters?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, Feb 6, 2003.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

Just looking into different places in B.C. to maybe start my business again.

Marty

2. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Close, but not on the Canadian side, sorry.

3. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Vernon BC, Just east of Vancouver. I'm origionally from the greater van city area.

4. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

My sister lives in Kamloops but they say that there doesn't seem to be any residential cutters there. I lived in the lower mainland when I was a kid and I have heard that vancouver is getting worse for crime. I have a good business here in Toronto but thinking of trying B.C. again.

Marty

5. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Vernon seems to have a decent amount of work. There is a high ratio of seniors here, so a lot of adult communities are being built. We have a pop of about 110,000 in the North Okanagan. Kelowna, 50km to the south of us is a rapidly growing community with a pop of about 150,000 in the area. Lots of potential there for work as a well. Kelowna seems to be enjoying a lot more population growth than us here in Vernon though. I agree, Vancouver is getting bad. I don't miss living there. I've got a few friends in the industry there and it is cut-throat. There are people working for free pretty much. The only upside to Vancouver/Victoria is the extended season. We run Mid march to end of October, and do snow removal in the winter months.