Any way to side-discharge and mulch well too?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

I'm doing more upscale properties these days, which means much more extensive bedding on the lawns. My Bunton 52" hydro has double blades so does a fair job of cutting up the clippings; but my real problem is keeping the clippings from spraying into the beds. Usually I go around three times, discharging to the outside, but when the beds are close together, I'm in trouble.
    Also, I still have a few customers that want bagging (I charge for it).
    So, the question is, is there a set-up that will do good mulching, with or without a chute cover, but will also side dichagere so I can put my Grass Gobbler on?
  2. Kends

Kends LawnSite Member

I have also run into the same problem with my Lazer.

I ended up getting a mulch kit for it. As far as the customers that wanted it bagged (I only had a couple) I just told them I can no longer bag, and that I would do my best to make the lawn look good. I still have them.

One thing with mulching is that I have to cut some of my yards twice (they water). I really don't think that I'm losing time doing this. I don't have to stop to empty the clippings. I don't have to pay to dump them either, and I don't have to take more time to get them out of my truck either.

One downside...the sidewalk and driveway clean up takes a little more time to blow. Oh well.

Just my opinion.