Any wheel Horse owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fearthedeere, Feb 24, 2003.

1. fearthedeere

fearthedeere LawnSite Member

Hello folks,

I was wondering if there were any Wheel Horse owners out there or anybody that had some experience with them. Me and my dad have two C-body types that are about 25-30 yrs. old.

I'd like to converse with you if you have experience with Wheel Horse. [​IMG]

hope that works.:(

2. fearthedeere

fearthedeere LawnSite Member

3. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Kevin my last name is Ramsey. This is too wierd!

4. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you use JD equipment commercially? (e.g. ZTR's, WB's)

5. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

I have a mid 90 wheelhorse, I would like to sell. Any ideas where to sell it and around what its worth in good condition.
    Thanks
    Dan

p.s. I also have a 60's JD 316 tractor that I would like to sell also.

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Not only that but both Kevin's have partially the same signature!
    nu83, check here for prices to sell yours, just ask 'em what they are worth with a good description of age condition, attachments, etc. http://www.gardenweb.com/forums/mowers/

Back to the original question, I have a 1993 Wheel Horse 520H with 20hp twin Onan, hydro and hydro lift, 48" side discharge mower deck and 36" rear tiller. Great tractor, very little problems to speak of and has 967 hrs on it thus far. I'll try to attach a pic of it's striping action (needed new blades thats why it looks like a 3 wheel rider mowed it :p )
    Eric - ps Kevin email me eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz would like to talk.

jan31520.jpg

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I'll try to attach a pic of it's cut and stripe. Normally it wears 23x10.50x12 Dico Turf Trac turf tires, they do good even on large hills. I had the lugs on for winter though. A blade mounts to that frame underneath (was removed from frame at time). Oh yea, several friends and relatives have Wheel Horse classic 300 series and grandma has a old C-101 8 speed with 10hp Kohler and 42" side discharge deck. They are great tractors...
    Eric

ourlawn1.jpg

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Eric, no wander why you have a had time getting more accounts. from the pics it looks like ya live in the middle of know where. In my area its rare to even see a empty 1/4 acre lot without a house crammed in.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Eric,

Didn't know a Whel Horse could stripe like that. Got a stipe kit of some sort on it? BTW, I have some rolling lawns like that too.

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Evan 2 miles out of town of 38,000, my yard is 2 acres.
    Envy, they don't unless you know how to use it right ;) No kit really....