Any word on next gen bobcat skid steers?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtybiz, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Anybody heard anything on the next generation of bobcat skid steers? I have a low hour S300 that i was thinking of putting vts tracks on as i really could use another ctl, but wanted to see what bobcat was gona come up with first. My dealer said they will have something different this fall, but knows nothing else (or so he claims). In the mean time i guess i will just rack up the hours on the T250.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's going to be Fall of 2008, my dealer always got the new models in early October at the earliest, I remember playing with the first T250 that hit the yard back then, and it was the middle of October.

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

When the new Bobcats come out you will see Ron buying one you know d*mn well Al Roy will be looking at them he likes Bobcrap :laugh:

4. bobcat_ron

Never, I am saving 50-60% in fuel right now according to Al Roy, Bobcat's were and always will be pigs on fuel.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I did get better fuel economy with a 90 hp cat running a brush mower vs. an s300k series Bobcat but the Bobcat. bobcat, though, was more reliable for me.

6. bobcat_ron

Here's the facts for the Non-Cat believers:

Bobcat T190-28 gallons of fuel, full bore, balls out starting at 8:00AM, by 3:00PM, I'm tanking up.

Cat 247B2-17 gallons of fuel, same kind of day, same work, just using the throttle pedal more, filling up with fuel by 3:00PM.

Both engines have 57hp, the Cat runs at a higher RPM due to the pumps.

The Bobcat used nearly 10 gallons more fuel, and they really haven't changed that much.

Suck on that Bobcat....eerr..I mean DooCat.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

06 CASE 440 9 hours 20 gallons 83 hp.

Thats real hp.:weightlifter:

8. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Deere ct 322,66 hp, A/C on push and hogging dirt 8:00am to 5:00pm = 14 gals,Running flail mower on high flow 8:00 to 3:30 pm = 17.5 gals.
    Nothing runs like a deere,nothing eats (fuel) like cats and bobcats:laugh::laugh:

minimax

9. bobcat_ron

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

our bobcat t200 has 80ish hp and will go all day on a tank...