1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any word on next gen bobcat skid steers?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtybiz, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's because before the changes to that frame size came out, they used massive tanks, something like 40+ gallons, I rented one once, man that tank took one hell of a lot of go-go juice. :dizzy:

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think a 440CT would be pretty similar? Any knowledge on how the Series 3 Tier III engines are on fuel?

20 gallons in 9 hours with that much HP is very impressive. Is that hard excavation with the throttle wide open?

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

i have ran a 420ct and put eleven hours on it and used right at half a tank of fuel and that was moving heavy muddy clay and then backfilling some stump holes...

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats spreading topsoil dropped by dump truck, I get the same running a preparator. However that is not "hard digging".

I have no complaints with the fuel usage on that machine. Its a little powerhouse and it does not kill your fuel budget. I cant say the same for the 465. That machine uses fuel. As far as the 440CT I am not sure and the same goes for the Series 3 machines. They have been selling a few of the Series 3 machines 3-465's and 3 440's that I know of. I have yet to run into one the new owner to ask. I still have not demoed one. Take one out for a test drive for a day and let us know. Since your a new 650 owner they should be more than accommondating.:cool2:

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I found the operators shirt interesting. Bobcat 50 year anniversary shirt. "Unleash the Power". Please I just ate.:rolleyes:

6. Junior M

now that is just plain rude!!!!!:nono: hahaha

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You know exactly what I mean T-190 owner.:waving:

8. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey ksss is it just the t190 that you feel his underpowered or all bobcats?? i remember you saying that the bobcat s220 that you demo you were very impressed with?

9. Junior M

hey now i dont officially own a t190 i just rent one!!!! mr oooo powertan is so awesome nothing can beat it cuz it is just so freakn awesome!!!! hahahahahahahaha

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 220 I demoed had good power. I have run a T250 also that had decent power. The 220 I was overall impressed the most with.