Any word on next gen bobcat skid steers?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtybiz, Jul 28, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

yeah when i demoed the s220 i liked it alot i went with the s205 because i was able to invert the rims and tires to 5'. maybe next time around ill go with a 220

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

you still like the 330?

3. mrsops

love the s330 tons of power and its so comfortable to operate

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

what controls does it have?

5. mrsops

hand and foot

6. mrsops

hey yellow dont you miss your bobby bobcat? :)

7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I plan on trying to get a 440CT Series 3 demo before summer ends. I'd like to put one to work and see how it does with the pilots. I also want to put the pressurized cab to test.

The 465 is probably similar to my CT332 on fuel consumption. It's a freakin' hog at around 4 gallons/hr., but I do have to run it wide open because I almost exclusively am digging in hard clay or soggy muck with it. Finish grading isn't as bad. I think it should do at least a half of a gallon/hour better, but it's a hoss though. My T300 was around 3.5 gallons/hr., but the Deere is much stronger.

8. YellowDogSVC

from TX

Yeah. That's why I ordered an s330 to replace the 272c that cat couldn't fix. I hope the s330 has the power that some people says it does. My first sales guy last year told me it didn't so I went with CAT.

9. mrsops

whens your s330 coming in? what did it set you back? didnt you buy the cat 272 brand new? why didnt you like it

10. YellowDogSVC

from TX

272 didn't work as advertised. Cab never sealed right and it was in the shop for 28 days plus some field service calls between April 1 and July 1.

Let's just say the 330 isn't cheap. I had to add some modifications and hulk tires to make it woods worthy. These machines are about 50k. Machine is in but takes a week to get it set up (hopefully).Last s300 took 2 weeks.