any1 know anything about these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Organix, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have never heard of them

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am almost certain that these are Landscaper Supply mowers painted a different color. This is all a guess, but I bet this is what happened. Landscaper Supply bought Blackrock Manufacturing, a mower builder, so they could build mowers for themselves,thus the Landscaper Supply "brand" of mowers. Landscaper supply has been in financial trouble lately, and possibly sold the mower business, but promised to buy the new companies full production and continue to sell them under the Landscaper Supply name. Well, now L. S. has declared bankruptcy and does not have to honor any agreement they made with this spin-off mower company. They also have not got the money to buy very many mowers from the new company. To stay alive, the new company must fend for itself. Thus, you are now seeing ads for this "new" line of mowers This is just my theory, but I bet it is close to what is going on.:)

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Me too!

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I read some info on these about 3mths ago. I just watched the video and they look like there made in japan. I do NOT like this b/c if you go to get parts then you have to go to japan. I very much agree they look just like ls supply w/different color. FWIW I would say go with a exmark or lesco. You will get much more dealer help. Good Luck

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

OMG!!! Did you listen to the video???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dizzy:

Yup! I'd say it's made by some Asian company :D :jester:

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

They look like a generic version of the giant vac ...
    which is a generic version of the landscaper supply ...
    which is a generic version of the more popular brands.

The main problem that I have heard about these type units is the belts slip quite badly once they get wet.

Also for $2600 you could buy a top.of.the.line eXmark 48" belt-drive for that much -LOL!!!

8. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

OK, thanks for the info. I figured it was something weird. The only thing I would say though, is the prices on the link I posted were much more than the dealer had on EBAY. For a 32 inch walk behind it was 1199 for a BS 10hp I think and 1399 for the kawa 12hp I think. That's pretty cheap. I don't know if it would be worth the headaches of keeping them running though lol.

How I first found this site is when I almost bought the Sutech Stealth and found several negative threads on it. I'm glad I didn't make that mistake then. This is probably a bit better deal than that mower or like a troybuilt 33 but still ify at best.

One day, I'll get the exmark heh.

9. Mowingman

from Texas

Organix,
    Toro also makes a nice belt-drive 32" walkbehind. Depending on what engine you select, it sells for about $2000 - $2100. I got one two years ago to fit through narrow gates. It has been real dependable.:D

10. Mowingman

from Texas

That video is hilarious!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: