Any1 run all lesco mowers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oOTurfmanoO, Nov 4, 2006.

1. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

Many people/LCO's have a preference about mowers.
    i.e. all toro, scag, ferris, lesco, and so on.

Does any1 run all lesco mowers?

List your reason(s).

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

My first year was 36 Lesco belt 2nd year I picked up 48 belt and 3rd year 48 hydro. With the hydro I seem to have less stress on my back and knees and I I can do about 30% more work with it.

3. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

I take it you like your hydro unit?

How is the discharge/dispersal of clippings?
    Does grass tend to clump underneath?
    What kept you comming back for Lesco mowers?
    Is there an OCDC available?

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Every lawn is different with the clippings I run high lift blades you just have to be careful when the grass is wet it will shoot out. It takes about week to learn how to run it. I think Lesco is having a sale right now 24 months no interest

5. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

I run a CubCadet tank which is the same thing as a lesco and I love it.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Not yet.

The key word being 'YET' I think.

Just to be honest about it, from what I see out there today, the only way I'd buy something else now would probably be if I were still going to have at least one Ztwo... and I would be buying something else because Lesco doesn't offer it. Like if I wanted a front deck, or a diesel, or something for some specific application.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Envy, what is it exactly that makes you like Lesco so much? Why not the usual suspects such as Hustler, Exmark, Toro? I am just curious...the way you are dedicated to them makes me want to check out a Lesco near by (I have nevre been to one). I saw someone using a Lesco WB the other day and thought of you. You have engrained it in my head!!!!

8. Envy Lawn Service

Grits,

Personal field experience with them.
    That's what it comes down to.

I've used about everything at one time or another. For all around performance and production, it outperforms the usual brands. It's not picky about what it's cutting, the cutting height, or moisture level present. It cuts whatever I put in front of it and it cuts it all well.

No it won't run across the parking lot at 15mph, but it will cut at half that speed no problem in one pass. It's not a pretty machine either. But I ain't trying to win a beauty contest out there. After I scrape up against something, the black is easy to touch up without showing to prevent rust.

The reliability has been great too.

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i absolutely love my Lesco... and after talking to envy i have made a decision that im going to get a Lesco ZTwo next year hopefully. or over the winter.
    thats for sure... im running doubles now.. and did my comm. lawn today that was completley covered in leaves.. last year i was hauling leaves out of there weekly.. today, i didnt even put the catchers on.. just double cut and there wasnt a leaf on the property... not once (knock on wood) has my mower gave me any trouble. anything thats broke its been our fault. i know i said in the beginning of this season id never get another Lesco but after this season.... i wouldnt even consider anything else on my trailer. for the price of a Lesco 60" ZTR w/ a collection system.. i would only be able to get a basic 60" anything else... the price is unbeatable. and mine havent let me down yet.

- also Envy i never could find those pics that you posted. maybe you could help me out in my search if you dont mind? Thanks!

10. Envy Lawn Service

What kind of pictures were we looking for again?

Collection system stuff?
    Stripes?