1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody acid stain concrete?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by muddywater, Jul 17, 2012.

1. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been doing some research on this and seems to be a pretty nice accent to existing concrete. Anybody do it and where do you find your materials?

2. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

3. muddywater

Do you do concrete staining? Found product called increte that is a little cheaper than brickform.

4. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Acid stain is tricky... Color wash system from renewcrete is the way to go
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. muddywater

Why? Color wash doesnt sound permanent.

6. joes169

joes169 LawnSite Member
    from WI

I've done alot of it over the last 7-8 years or so. I find that it's far cheaper to buy from two local concrete suppliers, as shipping small quanities (a few gallons) can be cost prohibitive due to the caustic nature of the acid. I have found "Butterfield Sierra Stain" to be the overall favorite for me, especially considering you can cut it 50% with water.

As for staining existing concrete as a contractor, I can only give you one piece of advice: Make absolutely ZERO promises on the outcome, as it's extremely tricky.......

7. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

There is no way Increte is less expensive than Brickform. I get Brickform products through HD Supply and my Increte rep can't touch it.

8. muddywater

I get increte through hd supply For $45 a gallon. The hd supply people said brickform was much more.
    Posted via Mobile Device