1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anybody buy from J-Thomas????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DavisLawn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

i have bought quite a bit from them in the past and have been satisfied... just wondering if there are more places like them that i might not know about.. i'd like to compare prices and Im in Alabama and them being in Michigan it takes several days to get my parts and stuff here.... but they've got about everything you could want.... anybody got any imput? TIA
  2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

3. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have but my dealer has started to give me better deals so I try to use him instead the blades are cheap But they were also thinner.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Power Equipment Parts is a sponsor here. Small engine warehouse, and there are a few others. The thing about JThomas though is, they are more rounded. They carry everything from lawn AND snow. LOL...I guess as I think of it, and where you're from, that's irrelevant. :hammerhead::laugh:
  5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually buy my filters (air/oil) from them and 2 stroke oil. I haven't had any problems.
  6. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I buy all my blades, filters, belts, and keep a stock of bearings, seals, and other misc items. If my dealer could get stuff in a timely manner without totally ripping me off I would be from him. He stills makes plenty on warranty work and other stuff from me so I don't worry.
  7. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

i save a lot of money buying blades ... filters belts...etc from them.... i can buy gearboxes for my walker for about 40 dollars cheaper from them than i can my dealer..... was just wondering if there was another place closer to me... thanks for the replies everybody
  8. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of them...... LoL

I've bought things from J-thomas and they are good.
  9. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

UPS to the front door. That's pretty close. I have used J-Thomas with no problems, fast shipping, they have a great catalog. Not saying they are the best just that I haven't had any problems. Texasmowerparts may be good also I just don't have experience with them.