1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody carrying paper for irrigation work?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, Mar 11, 2007.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

I have not needed to carry any paper in the past but now I have two potential customers that want to know if I will carry the paper for the installs.

About $2200 jobs. I would much rather they pay outright but would also like the additional jobs. But I also don't need a lot of headache.

Anybody have experience with this? Can I get a credit check done without being a financial institution?

Thanks folks,

John

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You might inquire about their using a home equity line of credit. Personally, I wouldn't carry any paper. I figure sprinklers are more of a disposable-income sort of item, and if there isn't disposable money on hand, I would think twice about the job.

3. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Don't walk RUN from these people. I think JDL has a program for homeowner financing.

4. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Can you imagine repo'ing a sprinkler system? Just like the movie Dick and Jane! :laugh:

5. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all for the opinions. Our plan is to leave the paper carrying to the banks.

John

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The wisdom of bobby gedd.

For once I would agree with him.